Few issues with my Felicia

Hello there!

Had a few troubles with my 96' Felicia this evening, went to the footy & came back and turned the car engine on and I noticed it sounded odd, the engine wasn't ticking over smoothly and the acceleration would dip before it went up. I turned the engine off & on again and it seemed to solve the problem... or so I thought. Just a few miles up the road I was approaching a mini round about and as I was slowing down the car stalled, now normally when I have experienced a car stalling it jumps or judders, but this time the engine just cut out. I'm quite worried about it.

I hope this makes sense and you may know why its doing this. Happy to answer any questions you may have too.

-Matt

Edited by MattBon

An engine stalls suddenly when there is an electrical issue that affects the ignition. It is usually related to bad electrical contacts in a connector due to dirt or corrosion. Check the inside of all spark plug wire boots, Check inside distributor cap for moisture and worn carbon brush. Check any ignition related connector or ground wires, Use WD40 to get rid of corrosion.

PS

See car description under everybody's avatar? "Car:Skoda Felicia" doesn't help much without engine type and year, does it? That is the first thing we look at. I had to check your past posts to figure that. Please fill that field properly.

Could be a dirty throttle body causing the rough running as for stalling it could be a loose conection on the dissy and when did it last have leads and a dissy and arm....

AutoData mentions in one of their service bulletins that stalling could be from a dirty MAP sensor (oily residues).

Edited by RicardoM

• 2 weeks later...

Ok thanks for the help folks, I've explored all these options to the best I can and followed what you've all said and I've had no problems since and the car has been running fine.

cheers