new car delivered

HI guys, 

finally had my car delivered and very happy with it - so far the iphone seems to be recognised and connect fine via smartlink but have not played with it thoroughly so will let you know asap (was a build week 35....

but I havv to say two things I have noticed - 1) shame they don't have one touch window open shut and most importantly 2) THE HORN IS UTTERLY SO VERY VERY FEMININE ITS SO BAD. sounds like bambi

• Like 3

HI guys, 

finally had my car delivered and very happy with it - so far the iphone seems to be recognised and connect fine via smartlink but have not played with it thoroughly so will let you know asap (was a build week 35....

but I havv to say two things I have noticed - 1) shame they don't have one touch window open shut and most importantly 2) THE HORN IS UTTERLY SO VERY VERY FEMININE ITS SO BAD. sounds like bambi

Enjoy your new motor. What spec have you purchased, any discount or just the standard offer.

I'm assuming it has a single tone horn if so, not a good sound, daughter's Ibiza has that. Luckily wife and my cars over the past 20 or so years have had dual horns!  I do remember when wife had a Fiesta 1.1L I bought a second horn and wired it in and then transferred it to her next car, I don't think that is a good thing to do directly nowadays, though I'd be surprised if no one has posted an upgrade "step by step" guide to solve that problem. Can you not program in the "comfort/convenience" window function either directly or via VCDS on the latest Fabia?

Itsa single tone, yes, but way better than the silly MKII horn.

I bought new two-tone horns though. They are a pride on the shelf... :)

I'm assuming it has a single tone horn if so, not a good sound, daughter's Ibiza has that. Luckily wife and my cars over the past 20 or so years have had dual horns!  I do remember when wife had a Fiesta 1.1L I bought a second horn and wired it in and then transferred it to her next car, I don't think that is a good thing to do directly nowadays, though I'd be surprised if no one has posted an upgrade "step by step" guide to solve that problem. Can you not program in the "comfort/convenience" window function either directly or via VCDS on the latest Fabia?

Apologies but I just read that your wife has a dual tone horn.

• Like 1