Aftermarket head unit, but retain parking sensors screen

The more I think about it the more I realise I haven`t yet found another car that ticks all the boxes, as my Octavia FL CR VRS DSG Hatch (17,000 miles genuine)

If I keep it depending on the reality of the software fix etc, I want DAB with a real aerial not one stuck to the glass + Bluetooth + will add front parking sensors and considering a Bilstein B12 kit.. Have MFSW + rear parking sensors.

What should I go for regarding DAB / Bluetooth? Have read lot`s of threads, still not sure best route to go.  OEM?

All comments gratefully appreciated

It all depends on your budget to be honest!

I personally would spend the extra and go OEM.

Columbus DAB, Bluetooth module and proper shark fin antenna (with the GPS, GSM, FM and DAB antenna in).

Phil

• Like 1

I'm maybe not understanding you correctly but pre-facelift and facelift (or pre-FL and FL as they're usually abbreviated to) refer specifically to Octavia mk 2's, the pre-FL cars were the original model up to around 2008-2009 (ish?) and the FL cars were from there to the end of the mk2 run.  There were quite a few changes between the two but confusingly it was a gradual change so the first cars had only the new engines, then the new engines and new interior and finally the new engines, new interior and new exterior. Your 55 plate car is obviously a mk2 pre-FL.

John

Hi John,

You probably werent understanding me correctly, as I was understanding the whole FL thing correctly myself in the first place! lol

Thanks for clearing this up for me though, I get it now!!  :) :)

Cool, thanks mate.  I'll email iceboxauto and check with them first... :)

So, still no response from icebox auto. :(

Who'da thought finding decent, reasonably priced 2din after market head unit could be this frustrating!

Really like the idea of the android units, as I'm a bit of an android fan boy already, but even finding one of these, with reliable performance and decent reviews seems tricky!

Thinking about just ditching the idea of integrated GPS maps and going with a BT hands free unit and sticking with Google maps on my phone. Seems much less of a minefield.

So, still no response from icebox auto. :(

Who'da thought finding decent, reasonably priced 2din after market head unit could be this frustrating!

Really like the idea of the android units, as I'm a bit of an android fan boy already, but even finding one of these, with reliable performance and decent reviews seems tricky!

Thinking about just ditching the idea of integrated GPS maps and going with a BT hands free unit and sticking with Google maps on my phone. Seems much less of a minefield.

I told you a week or so ago just to spend £40 on the Kinivo and a couple of bits of wiring and use your phone :D

With the Car Dashroid app and a decent holder you're sorted.