Initialising MDI

Hello All,

With our 2014 Rapid, we have a memory stick plugged in for our music.

Whenever we start the car, it says Initialising MDI. Then carries on playing our tunes.

Sometimes it can take up to two minutes for the notification to disappear and for the music to continue. Sometimes it starts after just a few seconds. It seems random.

I have a Polo with a similar system and it always starts instantly. I've tried the same stick in the Polo and its instant.

Does anyone else's Swing Unit take ages to get up and running with USB.

Many thanks, Alex

Yes, sadly that is quite normal for the MDI implementation in the Rapid, especially when paired with a Swing.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Mine's pretty quick (I have a Swing HU) but I only have about 4GB of music on mine. My guess is that it's caching all the data so you can scroll through it easily (album, artist, etc.)

What type of files are on your USB (MP3/4, WAV, AAC)? How much have you got on there? What type of USB stick is it? 

Perhaps I will try a smaller stick and less music.

I do have the music on twice. As there is no "mix all folders" option like the polo, I had to make one folder with all the album tracks duplicated in it to allow proper random. The folder is called "mix"