Comfort of the alcantara seats? Flat/Square seat end causing an issue?

Hi All, I've had a test drive in a Superb SEL Exec recently that had the alcantara seats. Its my preferred option as I wish to avoid having leather on this car.

During the drive I noted a certain amount of discomfort under my thighs - apparently from the end of the squarish seat squab. For some reason it felt shorter than id have liked and seemed to push up and into the back of my legs where they come off seat at the front (not explained too well!)

I played with the electric seat adjustments and by and large, worked round the issue but it still didn't feel as comfortable as I'd have hoped. I'm average height and weight etc and usually have no issues with getting comfortable in various different car seats.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, have you since found a seating position that fully resolved the issue? Id hate this to be a showstopper for me!

I felt the same when I first got into the showroom model SEL.

However, when I had the demo for a few hours I fiddled as you did and found a very good position for me. There is a lot of adjustment and it is worth taking the time to fiddle with that and the steering wheel position.

The other thing of course is that the seats are brand new. I always find they need to be broken in a bit. All my seats have become more comfortable as they and you adapt to the specific size and shape ;) .

I thought the alcantara was much more grippy though and I ddint like that so have gone for leather. They also felt softer than the alcantara but that is very subjective.

Pete

• Like 1

I felt the same when I first got into the showroom model SEL.

However, when I had the demo for a few hours I fiddled as you did and found a very good position for me. There is a lot of adjustment and it is worth taking the time to fiddle with that and the steering wheel position.

The other thing of course is that the seats are brand new. I always find they need to be broken in a bit. All my seats have become more comfortable as they and you adapt to the specific size and shape ;) .

I thought the alcantara was much more grippy though and I ddint like that so have gone for leather. They also felt softer than the alcantara but that is very subjective.

Pete

Some good points there Pete - and I tend to agree. My plan is to get a longer test drive sorted asap to ensure I can also get fully comfortable. Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1