312mm brake fitting to 4x4 estate

hi,

Can i ask, are the VRS calipers better at braking that the 288mm ones or is there little difference, I suppose the question im trying to ask is should i go for the carrier and disc upgrade or upgrade the whole lot?(whats the difference in size between vrs pads and normal pads?)

hi,

Can i ask, are the VRS calipers better at braking that the 288mm ones or is there little difference, I suppose the question im trying to ask is should i go for the carrier and disc upgrade or upgrade the whole lot?(whats the difference in size between vrs pads and normal pads?)

All you have to do is to get 312mm vRS discs, caliper carriers and 6 hexa bolts.

I had same question a month ago and DGW helped me to find this out. Calipers are made by ATE and pads are identical, except the colour which they are painted in.

P.S. sweedish, what does "beefy" mean?

thanks Doru, i will look to see how much discs and carriers and bolts can be bought for compared to the price of a 'full' upgrade from golf turbo, well not having to bleed the system would be a bonus!!!

hi,

The calipers are identical on 288's and 312's, the carrier allows for the larger disks.

Thanks

Steve

Cool, did you bother painting the carriers and calipers green ?

I thought about it (your blue carriers came up REALLY good with a bit of Nitromors and elbow grease - almost looked like new!) but in the end I couldn't be bothered. My calipers are so pitted and flaky it would have taken ages to get them to a point where I could start painting them and I could only spare a few hours with the car off the road. If I'd bought replacement calipers as well as carriers I may have done...

Thanks again.