Rs lowering geometry perogative

I wonder if someone has come across an issue I have had since I started messing about with my suspension.

History:

Bought the car 4 years ago standard with no apparent damage but some skuffed rimms.

Drove it stock for a while but I still had a coilover set new in the box from a Kombi model (the longer one), I wrecked the car before mounting them

Perfect stance and looks but **** to ride.....

But now the newest problem appeared.

Whatever I did or undid or redid, I cannot adjust my Camber on the left, always at least a -1.4 camber. Right side is fine

Changed bushes to TT bushes, back urethane and even tried tt lower arms. The last I though was the problem so I switched to Passat Alu cast lower arms and to my surprise still the same.

I do not have the colis but HR springs and shocks.

Still almost same negative Camber.

all other parts have been changed like spindles, droplinks top mounts and bearings, still having the same issue.

So my issues (apart from my Swedish English) :

1. wrong left camber

2. a new issue, knocking/cracking from the steering column

i you can hint me if you have had these issues and know how to solve them please advice.

I love this car and need to get this sorted...it is "driving" me mad

You are referring to the camber at the front or the rear? Sounds like the front but please confirm.

What is the camber reading on the opposite side.

If you have a full print out of all the readings it would be good

Edited by brad1.8T

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late response,

front left i s negative. Right is within the accepted value. Tyre guys says that camber cannot be adjusted.

As above,  You can move the subframe to even out the camber and manipulate caster slightly.

Sweden drives on the RHS so you need more negative (about 0.25 degrees) on the right wheel to compensate for road camber.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...