2015 Octavia Warning Lights

Hi there

According to my manual if I have a DPF issue a warning light will come on the resembles an exhaust pipe.

When I turn on my ignition I dont see this one, there is an engine symbol plus others.

Is this normal ?

Cheers

Paul.

You don't normally see the icon unless you need to take the action described in the manual. 
Mine usually idles at around 750-ish but at around 1000rpm if I interrupt a regen - if I haven't been aware that one's taking place because of other noise in the car like, radio, wife etc. 

There's a Pinned post on this forums first page:
http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/301020-my-new-diesel-smells-like-burning-rubber-andor-the-fan-stays-on-after-engine-is-turned-off/page-2

• Like 1

Under normal circumstances you'll never see a DPF light....be a very rare occurance on a newer EA288 diesel as these things have a completely different DPF system to the earlier EA189 1st gen CR motors....thy are designed to passive regen on v regular intervals (every few hundred miles) or when the car thinks its needed....also i believe the cars ability to warm up very quickly also serves to keep the DPF hot and limit the amount of soot than gets held in the system anyway.

The only time you'll see the DPF light under driving conditions are if soot loading have reached the defined upper limit and the car then needs to be driven for a period of time to undertake and complete an active regen...youre asking for trouble if you disrupt an active regen but in nearly 2 years/29k miles ive not seen my 2.0 150 ever do an active regen.

I think the DPF light comes on as part of the ignition on systems check but will go out once fired up if all is Ok.

If the DPF light illuminates red (I believe) its indicative of a DPF system fault.

• Like 3

Doubt you would ever see the light. Several regen states with that set up. Passive>Active>User> then if soot loading goes above 45 Grams the light comes on and it's a dealer forced regen.

Easy way to tell if it's doing an active regen, as the stop start function becomes disabled, if I get home and that happens, I just go for a drive on the local dual carriageway for  ten minutes, keeping close to 2000 RPM if traffic permits. 

• Like 1

Got home yesterday auto start was automatically disabled and revs at 1000rpm. Took for a spin up rhe dual carrageway and back to 750. Out of curiosity opened the bonnet and my god the heat was mad.....

Yeh it gets quite toasty when it's doing a regen  :D