Octavia Scout 2010 1.8 TFSI exhaust steel tip?

Is there a shiny steel tip for the Oct Scout 2010 1.8 TFSI exhaust?

I've looked online, and there's one that fits the 1.9 TDI and 2.0 FSI... no mention of 1.8 TFSI - would this fit?

Edited by northturton

IIRC I think there's a specific Scout and 4x4 one irrespective of engine - SuperSkoda have a wide range and may have what you're after.

Both the petrol and diesel Octavia Scout get stainless steel exhaust tips as standard, these...

Skoda-Octavia_Scout_2007_1600x1200_wallp

skoda_octavia_scout_01.jpg

These are often neglected when the car is washed so they can soon get dirty.

This works a treat to get them looking really shiny again...

81RU6PXEl%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

However, there have been a few complaints on the size of the Scout's twin tailpipes, being too small.

Try these, genuine Skoda and they do fit the Scout...

http://myeurostores.com/original-skoda-octavia-ii-exhaust-tailpipe-stainless-steel-tailpipe-genuine-new.html

9601_zpse74ec17b.jpg

Milotec do a set of trims for the Scout, they look a bit 'Halfords' for me though. Eye wateringly expensive too...

http://milotec.de/index.php?cat=c312_Exhaust.html&XTCsid=40f4d61a13d3a03f037ab5fa92978db7

2000_0.jpg

Why not do it properly. This guy got a custom made stainless system built and used the blank / dummy exit on the drivers side to get a full quad outlet system!

4.980x0.JPG

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, vortex1018 said:

Sorry for bumping an old thread. My tips just arrived today. Instructions say I may need to cut the exhaust. Is it absolutely necessary?

I expect so.

Try fitting them without cutting and if they stick out too far, chop the exhaust down as instructed :)

30 minutes ago, langers2k said:

I expect so.

Try fitting them without cutting and if they stick out too far, chop the exhaust down as instructed :)

So they look like this, you won't be able to see the exhaust unless you're looking up into it. Just worried I might have difficulty getting a roadworthy certificate/ safety inspection pass if I cut it.

1492516264939.jpg

I had mine fitted by Skoda dealer and they chopped the pipes and welded the new tips on. Not had any issue with subsequent MoTs and wouldn't really see why there should be an issue. Very worthwhile mod. 

Well it does look a lot better as is and Australia is known for it's stupid laws (for example my supposedly 118kw MkII FL is considered a "high powered vehicle", just because it was made in 2009, as opposed to one made in 2010 although it's the same model year!) so I think I'm just going to leave it that way. Thanks fellas

Edited by vortex1018

43 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Think I'd have put the money towards a rear bumper respray and replacement reflector :D

Yeah, I bought the car then found out the previous owner had resprayed it without primer. Reflector is already on the way.

• Like 1