Running too clean?

Been searching high and low for a decent VRS tdi cr170.

And i come across one local ish.

Did a mot history check and it had an advisory for being too clean,on emmissions?

whats all that about? yes its had a DPF removal aswel.

Stay clear?

Is it the mot tester covering his bum because he knows its been done?

Thanks

post-135994-0-78851600-1446379794_thumb.jpg

Maybe someone applied the VW cheat twice ;) ;)

Seriously, not seen that before. Surely you'd have to have tested it to know it was too clean?

The readings are probably too low to pick up anything hence the comment, as if you look through the vw clean diesel thread in the general section there are comments about newer diesels being too clean to give any readings during MOT time.

Check the picture thats what it says.ive done a little digging.

and i reckon its the testin equipment or proceedure is out of date,so to speak.

As above the newer models with a DPF is very clean...but why the need for an advisory i dont know...its very common if you google it.

I thought it was an octavia dpf cheat thing,but this particular car had it deleted.but the others i read about were present.so goes to show they are the same without them.

Given an advisory for it surely is a bad thing to do.

I asked my colleague if his VW Jetta is in the  "vw cheat" affected list. He didn't know but told me about the last MOT. I don't know how it happens in UK but here the smoke test for diesels is done in 2 steps:

1) testing guy press accelerator pedal to check if it's possible to reach the needed rpm (according to the manual). If it's possible then comes the 2nd step;

2) the real test.

He said that his car has been factory limited idle rpm to 2 or 3k (I don't rememer). Obviously, in such mode the results might be quite good. Mechanic said that he could switch to MOT mode but he passed him anyway (it was a quite new car and it was doubtful that it could fail). Maybe in this case there was something similar?