1.6mpi starting issue

hi, pick up has been sat for two months without being started.  went to turn her over this morning and she will not start.  in fact i put the key in, the ignition lights came on but when i turned the key there was nothing there? can anyone assist please?

cheers guys, i took the battery off it.  its been sat in the passenger footwell.

i did connect jump  leads to my lupo to the battery connections on the truck but got the same result.

if i took the battery out of my lupo and put it in the truck properly,  would this make a difference?

How old is the battery? If more than 3 years, scrap it.

Not a good idea to jump start a car that has a defective battery with shorted elements. You can fry something on donor car. Better remove the dead battery and use a known good charged battery for a test.

Does break warning light come on when cranking position 0n key......switch will be ok test 1. Have you checked the yellow wire on starter motor for corssion.. clean and replace spade and as above if left for some time they do like to go flat...