Mk1 Octavia VRS models (diecast)

02VRS

I'm quite sad and have a model of any cars I've owned. Can only find Kaden model mk1s and they seem like the sort of thing you'd pay £2 for but any I've seen have been alot dearer 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Octavia-rot-Kaden-1-43-OVP-Modellauto-/111800930528?hash=item1a07dad0e0:g:NpAAAOSw~gRVxSj2

Abrex do great quality models but from what I can see only do a MK1 estate.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Octavia-Combi-estate-Tour-corrida-red-diecast-model-car-143AB-005B-Abrex-1-/181921819882?hash=item2a5b62acea:g:2x8AAOSwN81WDZPQ

Anybody know of any others?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Kaden models really aren't great value. I mean I like them because they were made in Czech in the late 90s and have a period feel to them, but for outright quality you need to look elsewhere. 

I had forgotten to take the pictures, but I have now. Just waiting for them to upload. 

Thanks. Down to one Rapid now. The silver one was the last one they ever made. Quite a special car. 

I'm away from home at the moment but from memory the red car is based on a Kaden model that was then modified by hand. It is number 1 of 200. 

The other two are IXO I think. 

I'll be honest they weren't cheap... £45 minimum each ... but the quality is up there. The picture doesn't do them justice. Sometimes you can find some rally Octavias going cheaply on eBay; although I've only ever seen the night rally one that I have once .. and I paid £60+ for that (just don't tell my wife!) 

Cheers dude  yeah have debating getting an ixo rally one and painting! Looks like that or a kaden one then.

Surprised abrex don't make one as they do every other conceivable Octavia! 

Just bit the bullet and bought a red kaden of ebay for £14 inc postage. Looking at that and your model, a few subtle mods should improve it, blacking the grill insert, around windows and painting sills and bottom of bumpers red. Bound to be able find something that would do as front splitter or rear spoiler........ I'll get at the wee lads toys with a hacksaw lol