Skoda Octavia Scout CD player?

Just found out there's no CD player in my Scout. Is this standard or did they forget to put one in mine?

If it's standard then how penny pinching is that? Especially when the Scout is a good hike in price over the standard Octavia!!!

Wonder what else I'm missing?

After MY2015 there's no CD option it's blank. Only SD card or USB. Earlier models have CD player.

Edited by Croat

The new MIB2 Bolero and Amundsen units in the Octavia no longer come with a CD player. You do however benefit from a larger higher res screen, better Bluetooth capability, faster processor and GPU and Apple connector via USB (used to require optional MDI connector).

Wierdly the same units fitted to the Leon and Golf retain the CD player so seems to be a Skoda thing.

I think they intend for you to use the SD, USB or Bluetooth for audio now, rather forgetting that many people still like and use CD's and in many cases sound a bit better. I must confess I do tend to use SD, iPod and BT streaming myself but do like to listen to the occasional CD.

According to the brochure you still get a CD player with the Columbus option, but it is a lot of money for a CD player unless you really want the better system. :D

Edited by baxlobs

The Columbus has a CD (and DVD) player but it is no longer possible to copy CDs to the Columbus's hard drive - this facility has been disabled. Since the CD player is hidden away in the glove box it's a physical impossibility to change a CD while driving so it's a rather worthless bit of kit.