under engine guard

Hi all,

really quick question- my Octavia estate has a big plastic under body guard (novelty to me coming from felicias and favorits)

Does it have any real purpose?

I ask as it seems to have worked its way lower and lower and is now fouling the road- would I be causing a drama if I removed it?

Yeah it helps airflow under the car and in combination with the side pieces stops splashes and some debris, although it's not a 'sump guard' by any stretch of the imagination. I prefer to have one fitted (sounds like you've had some corroded clips and screws give up the ghost, quite common) although you may survive without it. If you want to fix it fitting kits are about £8 on ebay and should include all you need.

I fitted the diesel tray on my petrol 4x4 octy and it made a difference of 2-3 MPG vs no tray or the tiny petrol one.  as already mentioned the clips are relatively cheap at the dealers so get it fixed :D

I fitted the diesel tray on my petrol 4x4 octy and it made a difference of 2-3 MPG vs no tray or the tiny petrol one.  as already mentioned the clips are relatively cheap at the dealers so get it fixed :D

I always meant to fit the diesel tray to the vrs but never got round to it, looks to be a good move

2-3mpg is good.  Im tempted to get one now....

They just go straight on to the existing sides I believe, some get concerned about oil cooling but I can't see that being an issue to be honest. Would also offer some sump protection at least. You'll just need more clips and torx screws.