Electric window completely dead

AaronD95

I'm having exactly the same issue at the moment. See here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/378374-in-need-of-a-body-control-module-can-anyone-help/?p=4441036#entry4441036

I'm booked in to Skoda for this coming Friday in hope that they can pinpoint the problem.

If you make any progress before me please PM me.

From what I've been told by the auto electricians that I used the other day & Skoda, a body control module needs to be coded to the car and isn't simply a straight swap.

I stand to be corrected here but am only going off what I've been told.

Ye that's fine should be able to get to it through vagcom just didn't know if it was the bcm or comfort module. Anyone know where the bcm is located. Already going the comfort module

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the comfort/convenience module which is mounted near the clutch pedal. However if you replaced it it would need recoding. If only one window has failed I'd be more likely to suspect the window motor and its integral control unit.

Also, have you checked for broken wires in the rubber bellows between door and car body? I had one snap on mine.

rsz_untitled.png

Edited by TMB

I've found the comfort module above the clutch. Is it near that then? And there is no power going to the motors at all.

This is the one http://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/fabia-mk1/body/body_work/trim_noise_insulation/dash_panel/removing_and_installing_the_convenience_system_central_control_unit/

What controls the electric Windows is it the comfort module or the body control module. I've got a spare comfort module but does that just do the central locking or Windows aswell?

Looking at the wiring diagram in Haynes, it's just fuses, switches and motor modules (each of which has local 'intelligence') plus, in the top right hand corner, the "Electrical system control unit" which seems to have an involved relay in it.

My interpretation of Electrical system control unit would be the unit that's about 6x5 inches, and sits horizontally, roughly up above the brake and accelerator pedals (below the relay panel). The one with loads of plugs.

On my Polo, there's a handy removable bit of trim that allows one to eyeball the relay plate and Electrical System Control Unit. Here's a photo showing position (red box) relative to light switch and pedals. Position in Fabia must be very similar I would think.

Electrical%20system%20control%20unit.jpg

Edited by Wino