Octavia MK2 05 PFL 1.9 TDI BKC 105 tuning basics?

Evening.

I know this mighty mule isn't a speed demon, just after some background on tuning these.

I'll be looking at a turbo possibly soon as my VNT actuator is rattling its sack off and is feeling a bit flat, so will probably go for an Xman hybrid.

My clutch and DMF were replaced with LUK oem about 15K miles ago are these capable of the extra torque?

Are the standard Front mounts capable on these?

Are the injectors up to the job? Or do I need some off a PD130?

I'm not looking at massive numbers, just bringing her up to sctratch with modern diesels and wondering what her limitations are.

Many thanks in advance.

Tom

The standard injectors are generally good for just over 150bhp. You could push more out of them but you could potentially have problems so the general concensus is that anything over 150bhp you need to change the injectors.

As Mike said with just a remap on the standard turbo 140bhp is the norm.

I'd say with the turbo and just a remap you could easily get 150bhp without pushing things too hard.

Don't really know what the clutch etc can handle I'm afraid. I've only ever looked into getting mine done (DSG) and just know that anything under 350nm torque is fine for the DSG without having to get that remapped too.

Phil

Edited by Phil-E

If your looking at replacing the turbo then I would go for a gt1749vb from a arl 1.9 pd150. These are capable of 190-200bhp and 330ftlbs depending on dyno and boost without loosing any day to day drivability.

Standard FMIC is fine.

Injectors. Can't remember but think your fine up to around 170ish.