Owner Manual

I recently purchased a second hand 1999 Skoda Octavia and was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can download an owner manual for it, or where I can get details of how to operate the various options that come up when i press the side button on the wiper handle.

Many thanks

Not sure where to download one from, but if you contact your nearest Skoda dealer or even Skoda UK you can probably get one sent...

If it's just the trip computer stuff, then basically you have your options to scroll through which are mostly self-explanatory (though do ask if there's any which aren't), then if it has a "1" in a square next to it, this indicates the value is for the journey. If you then press the button on the underside of the stalk, this should bring up a different number with a "2" in a square - this is the average since you either unplugged the battery, the computer reset itself, or you went for a service.

Rob.

Jimmy,

Assuming it's similar to mine - button on the end cycles between values up or down, button underneath switches between two sets of registers. The first (highlighted by a 1 in the corner of the display) is for the current journey, the second is for the last 999 miles and is highlighted by a little 2.

On mine the values cycle between - instant fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, distance travelled, journey time, and time of day. Some people have a range (i.e. how much fuel left) indicator too, but I don't think you'll have that on a '99.

To reset both sets of registers to zero, hold in the button underneath for a few seconds.

HTH and welcome ... :cheers:

Edit: DOH! Rob types faster than me :(

Only when they say the same value. Since the interior (well really the interior target) temperature always says 19 degrees C I pretty much know which is the other one, plus I am one of those superior beings who can remember the position of two numbers from one journey to another :p

Originally posted by jimmyireland35 in this post

I recently purchased a second hand 1999 Skoda Octavia and was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can download an owner manual for it, or where I can get details of how to operate the various options that come up when i press the side button on the wiper handle.

Many thanks

Welcome to Briskoda :wave:

Just a thought - are you sure the owner's manual isn't still with the car? You've probably looked in the glove box, but have you checked under the floor in the boot?

There's a kind of bracket thingy which my owner's manual doesn't fit in because it's in a kind of mock leather wallet affair, along with all the other gumph .....

Little rotary knob thing through the dash display like the one used for resetting the odometer. Or is the tachometer. Anyway - IIRC, turn it to the right to increase the minutes, turn it to the left to increase the hours.

Rob.

Originally posted by ncarring in this post

Jimmy,

Assuming it's similar to mine - button on the end cycles between values up or down, button underneath switches between two sets of registers. The first (highlighted by a 1 in the corner of the display) is for the current journey, the second is for the last 999 miles and is highlighted by a little 2.

Or you can manually reset either of these counters by holding down the button on the bottom of the stalk for a couple of seconds.

Then you can use the second counter to keep track of a longer journey over several stops or perhaps to keep an average over a full tank of fuel.

Originally posted by Dr zoidberg in this post

Or you can manually reset either of these counters by holding down the button on the bottom of the stalk for a couple of seconds.

Then you can use the second counter to keep track of a longer journey over several stops or perhaps to keep an average over a full tank of fuel.

I did mention the reset feature in my original post. Interestingly (or not) mine will not reset the registers separately - both always reset.

PS I forgot to mention average speed in my list of display values.