Help plz 2007 vrs estate RUST

I just bought my vrs bout 1 month ago, was taking my number plate light covers off and was imediatly horrified, the rust!!! omg the rust under the boot handle is horrifing, pulled the cover off and took a small amount of paint with it. But also realised its all bubling under there and if you look into the boot lid through the hole for the light fitment it seems to be laminating inside, i know the guy previosly kept it resonably clean and replaced a few parts, front bumper after hitting phesent and rear bumper because bollard.

the guy before that never replaced the timing belt.(if i meet that guy he owes me £260 for a pump and belt kit) and missed 2 services. So he is a idiot and probably didnt look after it.

But the first owners where the skoda garage in dumfries, it was a demonstrater, and the garage owners wifes then used car up to 37000miles

Im worried that skoda will say, sorry lack of maintanance!! And tell me to sling my hook.

The car is in realy good condition interior is emaculate, the body work great. If you look close enough you can tell it hit a phesent.found grill in the wheel arch liner when doing the cam belt.

Sorry for the rant btw

Do you guys recon its worth going to the garge or should i just pay for it my self?? And save the hastle with skoda??

Thanks

Edited by VrsPoptarts

Also seen the rust where you've saw it, mk2 fabia and octavia had much better paintwork in my opinion

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

A vrs estate 2007? If it's a mk1 then any mk1 I've came across always seems to rust in places, I've came across tailgates, sills, wings, rear wings at the bottom, pot luck

hi mate,  yher sorry mine is a mk2 Octavia.

That's weird first time I saw the post it looked like it was in the fabia section, I wouldn't say rust was a major issue on mk2 octavias but have heard people complain of your issue

oh i thought i posted this in the tavia section oops,

i have  seen a few other cases with octavias of the same year, but i am surprised to see for a car this age to have rust that bad in such a weird place and not anywhere else. my previous car was a 2005 almera, which some jap cars are bad for rust. but mine was mint not a spot of rust on it (other than the expected areas drive train ext).

to make things worse my car opened the passenger rear window and boot by it self ,(first time its happened me), the only way i found out was my dad yelling at me this morning for leaving the window open all-night even though i know that they where all closed. 

ive got a feeling ive bought a lemon dude