How to disconnect battery and lock car ....

TsvRS

Sounds easy. My battery is still discharging so when I left the car for a few days I thought I would pop the bonnet and leave the battery disconnected whilst I was away. Problem is that having opened the car to pop the bonnet I then cannot lock all the doors once the battery is disconnected. And before you all pipe up - if I close all the doors before disconnecting the battery then the alarm goes off as soon as the battery terminal comes off.

I went around this a number of times ...

I am guessing the secret must be to disable central locking or disable the bonnet switch but just didn't have time to work it out before I caught my train so when I get back my battery will almost certainly be flat.

Let me out of my misery - how should I do it. (should have fixed it by now but have been busy moving house)

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DISABLED THE CHILD LOCKS FIRST!!!! (otherwise you wont open the 3 doors).

Open rear doors, there is a black grommet type thing, goes for passenger door too, remove this and a white plastic block is visible, push it in and shut door as normal, should be locked.

Drivers door, lock with key, that's what I had to do with mine when I had to lock it with most of the electrics apart, should also be in the manual if you have one.

Trev

• 6 months later...

This may be a late response as I have only just read your post.

When removing my battery to recharge it off the car the first time I used the remote fob to unlock. This resulted in the alarm activating as soon as I disconnected the first battery terminal.

The correct sequence I subsequently have used without any issues are as follows:

1. Unlock the drivers door using the key, not the remote.

2. Cycle the ignition (key in ignition, turn on - no need to start - turn off)

3. Disconnect and remove the battery

4. Relock the drivers door using the key

When refitting the battery open the drivers door using the key again and once reconnected ensure you reset the electric windows and central locking (this is detailed in the Skoda manual (Page 221, page 47)