underneath plastic sheet under drivers side

my Octavia is just over 2 months old my drive goes up and the other day I caught the underneath of the car on the brow of my drive it has pulled some of the underneath plastic down I have tried to tape it back up but the tape comes off after it has rained so the plastic is now drooping down from the underneath of the car its just the last bit so its not touching the ground could this be done under warranty or will I have to pay ? many thanks 

I would be very doubtful that it would be covered under warranty as this is accidental damage caused by you unfortunately. It's hard enough getting a garage to do warranty work in general at times.

Is there any way you can get the car up on ramps, get underneath and do a repair yourself? Maybe use a thin sheet of rigid plastic over the broken area and use self tapping screws to hold it in place? You could try using really decent weatherproof tape, something like this

100mm x 10m FlashBand Roof Flashing Roofing Flash Band Tape https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004LKDUBQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_PAwwwb0PV2Y47

If you go down this route then keep the tape in the house at room temp for a few days before use and when you used it use a hairdryer on high to heat the tape in place and help it stick down. Cheaper than a new tray and getting Skoda spanner monkeys to fit it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Decent weatherproof tape, like roofing tape should hold it if you put it on under the right conditions then heat the adhesive on the tape.

Cable ties is a good idea though, didn't really think if that, probably less hassle and cheaper too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had the same thing happen on mine - I know how I did it, the edge of my trolley jack caught on the plastic when changing the winter wheels in the Spring and caused it to bend slightly in a direction it probably wasn't designed for, so popped out the plastic clips. Could never get the clips back in again, and eventually from reversing over rough ground with it hanging down, it popped out completely.

When I took it in for service I mentioned it and while I was ready for the whole warranty argument, they kinda blew the warranty argument by telling me how much the replacement plastic cover cost - less than 2 Euro. For €2 I wasn't going to argue, so got it fitted with the service.

While obviously it might not be the same item, (not sure if all the routings underneath is the same for RHD as for LHD like mine, but for info the part number from the invoice is 5Q0825271A if that helps source a replacement?  

I found some cable ties in the garage so have gone down this route undid the bolt that holds the plastic tray put the tie under the washer then tightened the bolt then put tie trough hole in plastic sheet hopefully this has done the trick thanks markytop for the info was expecting to be a lot more expensive will do this at first service thanks again for all your help

• Like 1