Combi Airflow on the rear - dirty ?

Goes with the shape of all estates does it not?

I rarely use the internal rear view mirror so not a big issue for me. However, the problem comes when you have to keep wiping down the number plate. Early days for me but the plate area doesnt get too dirty anywhere near as quickly as other marques that I have owned.

I have had 3 Superb Elegance Combi's they were all absolutely filthy, at rear. Used  to have to replace ruined wiper blade at least 3 times a year.  My newsest vehicle is a hatch with rear wiper, the rear of the vehicle is cleaner than previous hatches I have owned, but the rear wiper is extremely useful. You don't realise in daylight how much dirt does get on the rear screen, but at night the screen can be opaque, not nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Reason I asked is that I have been a saloon driver for the best part of 15 years, having just had 2 hire cars for the last 3 weeks (plus my current lead in car till the S3 arrives volvo ) (Kia cceed 5Dr and Astra 5 Dr Sri thing,) the rear wipers have been on every few mins or so!

It depends on the rake of the rear window but it's the same for all estates, less so for hatchbacks and almost till for saloons.

The flatness of the rear creates an area of low pressure where the air coming over, under and around the vehicle meets.