A 2wd Diesel Yeti?

VRSx3dave

Hi Yeti people

I'm tempted to return to the Yeti fold from my current Octavia 2.0 TDI.  I previously had a Greenline Yeti which was great.

I would go for a 2wd Diesel again - currently only the 110bhp 2litre engine (in UK).  But what specification would I actually get?

With this engine currently under investigation by VAG - what might the result be?  Different bhp, torque, fuel economy, emissions - even a different engine.

Any insider info out there?

Hi all

VAG lists one 2016 year Yeti under investigation:

"Skoda Yeti                      R4 2,0l  81kW(110PS) 250Nm 4V TDI CR                        MQ350-6A"   

That's what started me off on this topic.  No I don't know which model this is - perhaps 4wd?

Dave

Interesting to know the outcome of this because I have a 2.0 diesel 110 se coming hopefully this January..Stepping up from a citigo

Hi again

SUK website in a bit of a mess at moment - brochure downloads don't work - statement below throughout site:

Our CO2 and consumption values are provisional and are currently under review. Revised values will be published if necessary

I was after a 110bhp SE Business - table describes it as a 4wd but with the 2wd figures - perhaps all VAG marques are in this much confusion at present - OK i'll wait. 

Dave

Hi all

VAG lists one 2016 year Yeti under investigation:

"Skoda Yeti                      R4 2,0l  81kW(110PS) 250Nm 4V TDI CR                        MQ350-6A"   

That's what started me off on this topic.  No I don't know which model this is - perhaps 4wd?

Dave

Yes, the MQ350-6A is the 6 speed gear-box which is used in the 4x4.

Hi again

More research.

Everywhere except SUK seems to offer a 2WD 150bhp TDI EU6 (6 gears) YETI - but strangely not a Outdoor version.

Typical figures - 199 kph 9.0 0-100kph  combined 4.8 fuel consumption emissions 126 (B).

About a £1000 more than the 110bhp version.

Now that's what I want!

What's the chance of a UK version?

From the Skoda Germany site:

Benzin

Effizienzklasse 1,2 TSI 81 kW 6-Gang

1,2 TSI 81 kW 7-DSG

1,4 TSI 92 kW 6-Gang

1,4 TSI 92 kW 7-DSG

1,4 TSI 110 kW 6-Gang 4x4

1,4 TSI 110 kW 6-DSG 4x4

Diesel

Effizienzklasse 2,0 TDI SCR 81 kW 5-Gang

2,0 TDI SCR 110 kW 6-Gang

2,0 TDI SCR 81 kW 6-Gang 4x4

2,0 TDI SCR 110 kW 6-Gang 4x4

2,0 TDI SCR 110 kW 6-DSG 4x4

Edited by mthestrong

I think my 110BHP FWD 5-speed is great but a 150BHP 6-speed would have been even better and I would have had one if it was available.

But I suppose Skoda UK deemed that it would hurt sales of the more expensive 4x4.

I think my 110BHP FWD 5-speed is great but a 150BHP 6-speed would have been even better and I would have had one if it was available.

But I suppose Skoda UK deemed that it would hurt sales of the more expensive 4x4.

Out on the sunburnt plains there has been a trend to the FWD version for the lower weight and better economy plus less servicing and initial cost.

FWD for most does an excellent job even in difficult circumstances.

The FWD Ambition MY16 - 92(125ps)TSI 7 DSG is being sold out here for $A29,990 (£14,335) OR till the end of Dec

A lot for a little.

You'd be hard pressed to save money using a diesel, at that rate .......with diesel ~10% cheaper than 95pulp also.