Anyone uprated the std fit Xenon Bulbs?

Lofty

Yeah I will upload them properly when I get the chance but I have now finished fitting them, I had some trouble doing te drivers side due to access and not quite knowing what I doing but I think I've sussed it now.

Tell me about it, it took me about 2-3 hours to do the o/s and about 20-30 mins to do the n/s.

If the fuel filter wasn't there it would be very simple but there you go.

Edited by theezenutz

As promised here's some pics of the new bulbs I fitted over the weekend.

First off is how they looked originally 

image_zpsplzxnqck.jpeg

image_zpsei3lcyyh.jpegNext is with just the drivers side bulb having been replaced with the

Next is with just the drivers side bulb having been replaced with the new one.

image_zpsq3cvunsk.jpeg

image_zpshavcpf1j.jpeg

As you should be able to tell it's much brighter and more intense so much so you cannot make out the cheap blue sidelights i have fitted.

image_zps7zek8ug9.jpeg

This pic shows very clearly how much the new Morimoto XB35 4500K bulb is brighter than the stock passengers side bulb.

image_zpskif3zan7.jpeg

The two bulbs side by side. One thing that caught my eye is that the Morimoto bulb has a slight blue tint incorporated into it, you only see it when you catch the light but it is there.

image_zpsydaiog5l.jpeg

OEM Philips Bulb.

image_zpsq6kstnit.jpeg

Morimoto Bulb

image_zpserqswguf.jpeg

image_zpsvgzje45v.jpeg

This is just as I was locking up the gates I thought I'd take some pics in a real world situation. Now to me it seems like the drivers side bulbs throws a wider beam pattern than the stock passenger side but it's hard to tell.

image_zpskavfsfrr.jpeg

image_zps1bovaxzz.jpeg

image_zpsn3hlio6g.jpeg

And finally the finished product but only daytime photos.

image_zps5bb8ojmo.jpeg

image_zpsv0bhhutw.jpeg

image_zpsjk3x6mdz.jpeg

• Like 2

Sorry for the quality of the photos but I have yet to purchase a decent camera.

My thoughts are for the money these bulbs offer fantastic value for money they come highly recommended by people in the know. I choose the 4500K bulbs when you first fire up the bulbs they are a pure white colour but once up to temp they appear with a slightly yellow tint, not sure how that will change once they have broken in but for now they defiantly have a slight yellowness to them.

They are without a doubt brighter than the originals which means driving in the dark is not such a chore but I still can't help feeling that the Oem Xenon setup in this car could be better, especially from pics I've seen of other setups but compared to the output of the standard past it bulbs, they are much better and they should get better as they burn in at around 20hrs of use.

So there you go guys hope this helps I will try to take more pics when I get the chance to show you the spread of light on a dark road now that both side are done.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pics and view on them. I replaced mine with Osram Xenarc 4.3k as one had turned pink and they don't appear yellow. There is the faintest blue tinge to them and again, they looked brighter than the old units they replaced, but thats is always bound to be the case as new VS 10 year old bulbs.

In comparison to other cars with xenons they appear to be fairly week. I did originally want the Osram Xenarc Nightbreaker Unlimited but the local motor factors ordered the wrong ones so just put these in instead. Would probably try those next, but I certainly wont be changing them just for the sake of it.

Would be ideal if a picture of two fabias with 35w and a 55w (ie vRS Joe) could be taken side by side. Sadly i'm nowhere near him.

On a side note, how much do your self-leveling move when your lights a first turned on? Mine appear to move a smidge compared to a mates Focus where you could see if physically move up and down.

• Like 1

I have more pictures that I look whilst driving down a dark country lane last night, the difference is now very, very noticeable so much so that the need to use my high beams is less important.

When I switch on the lights yes you can defiantly see the motors moving when outside the car you can also hear them.

At the minute I'm more than happy with the outcome, yes the Fabia setup is not the best but it's much better than some cars I have driven or been in. I guess technology has moved on a fair bit plus the ballasts are now over 10 years old so no doubt they are a bit passed it.

How long did your delivery take from the US?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

About 2 weeks you should be able to track them but you may have to login to the USA site to view it. Mine ended up here a day earlier than the tracker said they would.

• Like 1

About 2 weeks you should be able to track them but you may have to login to the USA site to view it. Mine ended up here a day earlier than the tracker said they would.

Hopefully be here by Friday then

Bulbs came yesterday. Picked up today from the P.O and paid my customs fee.

Fitted in about an hour start to finish. Can't tell much difference on the drive so will get some pics tomorrow