2007 VRS Red caliper painting?

Did they not think, hmm this one looks a little different to the one we've taken off, i.e. it isn't bright red!

They didn't give you a call first to check if it would be OK?

The red calipers are readily available so I can't think why they chose a silver one, are you sure it is the right part?

I am sure, I took it to a garage I trust this time, I took it in for replacement rear shocks after a pot hole incident, and then while ther were there I said it is in  need of discs and pads all round so do them, and he called TPS while I was standing there. I assume the caliper came from TPS too. I guess its for a 170 just maybe not a VRS so not red. I guess the red one wasnt on the shelf.

As mentioned you shouldn't really be doing it, but agreed that the red hammerite is a good match and on a brand new caliper you wouldn't have to wire brush it even, just a squirt of brake cleaner and a wipe to get any dust off before painting with the hammerite.

As mentioned you shouldn't really be doing it, but agreed that the red hammerite is a good match and on a brand new caliper you wouldn't have to wire brush it even, just a squirt of brake cleaner and a wipe to get any dust off before painting with the hammerite.

Lovely vRS you've got there mate! 

The rear brake calipers from TRW come painted in red as i replaced mine last year,i had to replace a front one a few months ago & the only way i could get a red one at the time was dealer only as no motor factors listed a red front caliper,you could get a green one though so i fitted a silver one from euro carparts,i got some red hammerite but its way off in colour,its much brighter than the O.E red,mine is still unpainted but i will try in the summer to get a better colour match & paint it as it looks a bit naff with a red carrier & a now dusty/faded/slightly rusty silver caliper.