Cheap mod for interior

Tjboyy

And finally the finished article lol definetly one of the cheapest mods I have ever done to a car and looks great in my opinion. Must stress though I am far from a professional at painting.

post-130236-0-95291200-1450204546_thumb.jpg

post-130236-0-93641100-1450204555_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

looks good!

i want to change mine at some point

id be doing the vent surrounds the same colour though :)

Think im going to go for Piano Black to match the Columbus and Yeti multifunctional leather wheel, which both have bits of piano black on already :) 

looks good!

i want to change mine at some point

id be doing the vent surrounds the same colour though :)

Think im going to go for Piano Black to match the Columbus and Yeti multifunctional leather wheel, which both have bits of piano black on already :)

Don't even think about trying to remove the center air vents! They need some sort of special tool apparently and without said tool you can only get them part way out, not the rest, then you can't get it back in again because the whole vent pushes back then you have to buy a new vent at £60ish and when they fit it it will be misaligned. You have been warned, please learn from my mistake.

OT, not sure I'm liking the colour to be honest. I prefer all black. But whatever floats your boat.

Don't even think about trying to remove the center air vents! They need some sort of special tool apparently and without said tool you can only get them part way out, not the rest, then you can't get it back in again because the whole vent pushes back then you have to buy a new vent at £60ish and when they fit it it will be misaligned. You have been warned, please learn from my mistake.

OT, not sure I'm liking the colour to be honest. I prefer all black. But whatever floats your boat.

Ah. Cheers for that!

So. Basically. Dont bother even trying? Hahaa

Ah. Cheers for that!

So. Basically. Dont bother even trying? Hahaa

Yeah, not worth the hassle. I'm not even the only person on this forum that's fallen for it, although I can't remember who else there was. I was only trying to hide a GPS antenna.

Edited by Outofthi5world

Seriously? This cost me so much.

Seriously? This cost me so much.

I've removed mine twice now - once in order to paint it and twice when I swapped my old vent handles with the chrome ones off the later spec Fabias.

No money involved - just a few pins that I got from the missus knitting kit. 

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 2

Cheers 32k

i can do patience.. but i would be gutted if i fluffed it up :D

Ill give it a go sometime when i eventually get round to it (ive been meaning to do it for about a year already haha)

• Like 1

I've started on mine as well. Done the side vents and radio surround in a color called Black Cherry. It's a Jaguar/ Land Rover color and is black with red flecks through it which is great cause I have a red/ black monte. I'll get pics of it up once ive done the centre ones.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...