Safelock

All all 2015 Octavia's fitted with Safelock ?

I dont get a warning on my drivers display when i lock the car. Also if I open a window and then lock it, after a few minutes i can open the car from the inside !

Am i missing something ? Will be calling the dealer tomorrow.

Cheers

What behaviour does your car exhibit?....

After locking the vehicle, the warning light in the driver's door flashes for around 2 seconds in quick succession, afterwards it begins to flash evenly at longer intervals.

Or

The indicator light in the driver door flashes for about 2 seconds fast, goes out and starts to flash at longer intervals after about 30 seconds.

If it is the former then the safelock should be active, the latter means safelock is not active

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would appear that it flashed rapidly initially then after about 2seconds blinks more slowly.

If I press the lock button on the fob twice I get what looks like the same behaviour.

Last night I left the driver's window open deliberately, locked the car and came back 5 mins later and I was able to open the door from the inside . Doesn't seem right...

Yes they are.

Safelock is basically deadlocking. First press of the remote "safelocks" the car. The LED flashing whilst also indicating the status of the alarm (where fitted) also indicates safelock status....if its flashing its safelocked....if its not then it is not deadlocked....if a window were open/broken then the car could be opened using the interior door handles in this event.

The car warns you for safety reasons....if you were to deadlock someone in the vehicle then the only plausible ways of them getting out would be either kicking a window out or if they are savvy enough folding the rear seats and figurint out how to emergency release the tailgate (which is possible...but not something that can be done easily or quickly if the car is burning).....you are placing people/pets etc at significant risk if you deadlock them in a vehicle.

There is also a warning with KESSY equipped cars where the words SAFE appear in the odo...this is different as this basically is saying the key could not be detected so has triggered the immobiliser....say for instance youve opened the car switched on the ignition but not started the car but then have left the vehicle with the key...I believe it is then not possible to start the car as the car will look for the key before triggering the starter motor.

You are based in the UK too right? If so I would say something is v likely amiss as all UK cars would be fitted with deadlocking and alarm as standard.

Skoda "might" not include deadlocking in other markets as standard as in some markets where there is low crime or other legislative measures that might prevent the use of deadlocking they may leave it off standard fitment or not offer it at all.

It does have an alarm right?

Pipsypreturns you might be onto something I'm based I'm Ireland. No alarm either

Id check with your local dealer Kirkbyp....it may just be that Irish spec cars without alarm do not have deadlocking either and may be completely normal...a little strange to me as Id have thought alarm or not it'd still have safelock but I am not that up on the various market spec differences.

My manual states that the only way to disable safe lock is "By disabling the interior monitoring".

At a wild guess, if you've a spec with no interior monitoring (i.e. no alarm!), you've probably got no safelock....

My manual states that the only way to disable safe lock is "By disabling the interior monitoring".

At a wild guess, if you've a spec with no interior monitoring (i.e. no alarm!), you've probably got no safelock....

I think its a bit misunderstood this.

Safelock is the deadlocking system and 'most' VAG cars have this and have done for years whether they have an OEM alarm or not.

You disable safelock by pressing lock twice, you hear the deadlocks disengage when you do so....this is also confirmed by the locking status light no longer flashing.

I have a feeling the 2nd click of the locking where an alarm is fitted does also turn off the interior monitoring but retains the alarm on atttempted door opening etc....just the behaviour of the OEM alarm.

The lock status light is really all about the lock status of the vehicle and cars without alarms still have it....what it does serve to do is give warning if the alarm is faulting (will typically come on solid for a period of time following it being locked if so) also I think it can provide feedback on how many times its activated if its gone off whilst locked (number of pulses within a few second period).

• Like 1

I dont have an alarm on mine.

When I lock it, the red light flashes rapidly for a couple of seconds. Then resumes with the normal flash with longer intervals.

I havent tried to open the door from inside, but will give it a go and see what happens.