Bank Text Scam

sigarland1987

Hey all, Just really to make people aware, received a text today from "Barclays" stating "Did you attempt a transfer of £4000 If yes reply with Y, if no please call 08432893368, please have your card reader to hand"

I called my bank afterwards to confirm what had been said from their direct fraud number and there has been no activity on my account, so have cancelled my card as a precaution etc.

Did a quick google of the number and it is a known scam, just really wanted to alert people in case they receive anything similar. Si

Edited by sigarland1987

I had similar yesterday, although via email this was Natwest bank though.

It was saying there has been a security breach please ring and reset your details.....yeah right.

I don't even bank with Natwest.

I had one on Friday from a worldwide bank that I use. Saying my card had been held pending fraudulent activity. Gave me a number to ring. Rang the direct line to India. Confirmed that it was them who text and I had caused it by renewing car breakdown

Sent from my Galaxy S5

I had one on Friday from a worldwide bank that I use. Saying my card had been held pending fraudulent activity. Gave me a number to ring. Rang the direct line to India. Confirmed that it was them who text and I had caused it by renewing car breakdown

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Can understand that.

I cant imagine anyone uses breakdown cover over there.. So they thought it was abit fishy :D

• Like 1

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Can understand that.

I cant imagine anyone uses breakdown cover over there.. So they thought it was abit fishy :D

Surprised it doesnt happen for insurance policies as well, after all, insurance out there means praying to the Ganesh statue obscuring half the windscreen, and making an offering at the temple if you survive the journey.

• Like 1