Tail Light wiring harness with bulb holder

Hi Folks

I looking to replace the wiring harness in my tail light as 2 of the bulb holders have blackened around the edges like they are getting hot and rear break light is not fitting tightly and keep disconnecting therby creating and error in the centre display regarding the light.

Any idea where i can get this. I dont want to replace the entire taillight assembly.

Sounds like you need the grey bulb holders which will need re-crimping or soldering onto the existing wire harness...

SkodaSuperbLEDTailLights_zps9f64fde4.jpg

I'd be wanting to know what is causing the excess heat, assuming the standard bulbs are fitted then they shouldn't be getting hot enough to blacken the bulb holders.

This was the closest I could find online, although these won't work for the Superb...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-Car-Bulb-Holder-CONNECTOR-Indicator-Stop-Tail-Brake-Light-382-BA15S-/271135669108?hash=item3f20f1fb74

Be aware that the brake light bulbs on the Superb hatchback / saloon (Twindoor) are W16W capless bulbs, not the usual 21W bayonet bulbs...

41gQYKuAXtL._SY355_.jpg

Yes thats the bulb and socket thats causing the problem. I have changed the bulb once earlier when the error came, but the bulb was working fine. Worked for about 6 months and now again same problem. Also for the Superb i have its a totally different setup than the one shown above,. There are 5 bulbs/holder/wires in the harness. Like the one shown below

index.84.jpg

The heat and blackening i had assumed is normal wear and tear. Vehicle has done 65K Kms and is over 5 yrs old.

Yes, sorry, the light above is the same design as yours but is LED, so the tail and brake lights are sealed.

The single grey cap on my picture is for the regular incandescent indicator bulb (no. 1 in your picture above).