Drivers seat movement and rear facing child seat

mattyw

Hi all,

I've just purchased a new rear facing child seat that i'm fitting behind the drivers seat. There are 2 anchor straps that attach through the drivers seat and the rest of the seat is held in position by the rear seat belt. I'm worried about the drivers seat moving when I open/unlock the door (they are electric seats). I've noticed that the seats often move very slightly when I open the drivers door. Is there any way to disable the seat so that it will not move?

Thanks in advance

Matt 

I had to google rear facing tethering since it wasn't invented when we had our car seats. From what I can tell, you're supposed to tether to a fixed point on the car and saw a suggestion of the seat rail itself which shouldn't ever move? Take care over any wiring (esp airbag related) in that area.

http://carseatblog.com/12749/how-to-use-a-rear-facing-tether/

Hi, what car do you have, an 02 octy? This is posted in the superb 2 forum. The electric seats on my superb 2 only move when the preset buttons are pressed, not when the door is opened.

Good luck.

Yes the seats do move on their own (Superb Elegance 2013). My wife borrowed the car this week and now I have it back it returns the seat to her position when ever I get out. Doesn't go on for ever. Not sure if the feature can be disabled or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I've just purchased a new rear facing child seat that i'm fitting behind the drivers seat. There are 2 anchor straps that attach through the drivers seat and the rest of the seat is held in position by the rear seat belt. I'm worried about the drivers seat moving when I open/unlock the door (they are electric seats). I've noticed that the seats often move very slightly when I open the drivers door. Is there any way to disable the seat so that it will not move?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Do you definitely have to attach to the seat?

If the seat rails are raised from the floor you can wrap the tether strap around the rails and that leaves you free to move the seat.

Curious to know if they are raised because I use ERF and am thinking about the Superb.