Driver's seat height

medsec

I have just bought my first Skoda, a Fabia 1.2 TSI 110ps DSG and love most things about it, except... does anyone else find the driver's seat a little low and hard to get into?  i have pumped it up as much as I can but I still seem to fall into it rather than slide in.  The windscreen vision is fine though.

Without sitting in the seat drop it down as for as it goes then pump it back up to its highest point if you feel the seat drop when you get in their may be a fault in the system. I have had my car since April and done 5k miles. it took me a while to get a happy seat position. Changed the backrest angle, adjusted the seat height and height of the steering wheel. I did find the seat itself felt quite hard but after a couple of months it felt softer. Joe

I found the seating position a little low to start off with but eventually settled on a comfortable position after some fiddling with the adjustments. It struck me that the car actually has quite a lot of headroom creating the impression that you are sitting lower than you actually are?

Regards Bob

I have sports seats on my monte and I actually find that the seats don't go low enough for my taste but then I am quite tall. I guess it's down to personal preference :)

• Like 1

Wait, people actually want their seat high? I lower the seat as low as it can be in every car as it gives you far more control over the feel of what the car wants.

LOL,, Not exactly a Kart or sports car, it's just a 5 door passenger car with pretty basic suspension and goes around corners pretty much the same with a tall or short driver and seat up high or down low, forward or back on the runners.

Not sure how much more feel you get for spirited driving with you backside nearer the floor of a Fabia while being able to wear a Top Hat.

• Like 2