Octavia MK3 Estate VRS stiff steering

I have just had the same issue quite severely. Felt like all assistance vanished. Bloody scary on a motorway bend the first time! Had the light come on each time it occurred then extinguish when it cleared.

Was on the way to the dealer at the time for a service. Initial examination they reckon is possibly a battery issue...?

Going in on the 17th for a 24 hour check. Will update as I know more.

• 1 year later...

Just come back from the Skoda dealers and after two days of trying to find the fault one of the technicians found a notification in the Skoda Service Notifications which matched it exactly. So they did the software update and lets hope that all is now ok. They found the notification quite by chance when looking for some thing else, so if you have the same problem push the main dealer to find it as it is there in the system.

He showed me the service notification sheet and there was a reference number attached to it and also the software update. I asked him for a copy but he said that they were not allowed to give them out, because I thought I would post it for others to look at. Sorry.

• 1 year later...

I'd like to add to this thread and state my 2020 1.5 TSI Octavia is doing this now. Steering is fine at low speeds but anything above 40mph it's notchy and sticky.