double din and rear speaker issues

Lee1979

Happy new year guys and girls!!! Just a quick two things bought a double din unit, cant get the unit to fit in the gaping hole left from the oem unit with the cage??? Do I need to get side fitting mounts and bolt it on?? And also fitted two rear speakers in the parcel self they won't work with the connecters I have bought any ideas guy??? Tia

Cheers fella I bought some adapters but they seem as much use as a chocolate teapot lol

No worries fella without actually looking at them if the adapters you brought don't fit you have a couple of options, cut the wires and crimp on small female connecters as said, or solder the bare wires onto the terminals, personally I would do the former as that way you can disconnect them easily.

Of course you could always do it hill billy style and just wrap the bare wires around the terminals, but obviously I wouldn't recommend that.

Edited by theezenutz

It's weird as the adapter fits but there's no sound, i think the adapters are dodgy tbf, ill have a look to see if I can find oem style ones if no its a bucket and spade job lol. gunna try again tomoz to put the cage in for the stereo it's like it's slightly to big?? I got the cage in when I bent it all up but couldn't get the unit in after as there is four lugs on the inside of the cage 2 at the tip 2 at the bottom,so when trying to push the stereo in its catching then as the cage is bent up at the bottom should have tool at posted picks really, gunna pull it out in a bit as I'm not leaving it in like that over night lol