skoda fabia spare wheel

noticed my fabia spare wheel is not in the compartment .tyre size 205 x45x 16 .can is the compartment able to accommodate full size wheel and std tyre

Yes I have a full size in mine and fits perfectly fine.

My VRS wont take a full size spare, when i had a puncture i put the wheel with the damaged tyre in the back but the floor didn't sit down flat on top as the wheel was too wide.

I carry in the spare tyre well a 215/40 R 17 tyre inflated on a Gigaro rim and the floor sits flat in a Fabia vRS.

You need to slide it in from the front to the back.

A 205/40 R 17 Pirelli Zero Nero fits in and has plenty room, i have tow straps and stuff around the tyre

& a Tool Carrier in the wheel..

This is a Dunlop Sport Maxx 205/40 R 17 in as a spare.

post-86161-0-58645700-1451813005_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-71052100-1451813026_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-06145000-1451813083_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-35368900-1451813104_thumb.jpg

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

You might find its not there as it was an optional extra. Many cars, mine included (Fabia Greenline, 09) Had an electric pump and a sealant bottle in the boot. The idea being to save weight (And Skoda some cash) Along with perhaps making a little more from those buying the optional spare to complete the car! The bottle of gunk, by the way, is quite pricey to replace and only has a few years use by date... Not really an economical item at all, despite having a handy pump in the car. I would recommend using slime or gloop in the tyres prior to puncture, rather then rely on the VW/Skoda crud. Either that or get a puncture kit with the "Worms" You plug in the hole, getting a full repair at a suitable opportunity, the sooner the better.

Edited by mrgf

No. 

A fabia can come on a 15,16 or 17" Alloy.  

Tyre sizes can be different on 15's or 16's depending on the Model.

eg Greenline. Reaction.

Monte Carlo or vRS in the UK are on 205/40 R 17 Tyres.  

In Australia and some other countries a Monte Carlo gets 16" Alloys.

I run a Fabia vRS with 215/40 R17 Tyres.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot