induction kit

Does anyone know any decent induction kits for my octavia VRS MKII 2007?

i have been looking for a while and really want to start modifying my car but seem to be at a loss as to which one i should get

We have essentially the same car, I have a K&N Typhoon...I chose this as I trusted the brand and was a good deal! Apparently a 17 BHP increase, however,when rolling roaded my car produced 202 bhp before the remap.

The Revo one seems to be highly recommended...having seen it on a mates Leon, it seems very good quality. His only gripe is that is isn't fixed as well as my K&N Typhoon and has a slight wobble.

The ITG oversized intake also seems to be very good from what I have read.

I have heard conflicting reports of the Forge twin-take so would probably avoid that

Hope that helps :-)

Revo is best for air flow but rather pricey, ram air do a kit that's cheaper and not that dis-similar. You can, both kits come with an enclosure to prevent heat soak and for £20 you can get an extra heat shield that sits over the manifold.

All options are an improvement over the standard set up as its sat directly on the engine it gets loads of heat soak.

On the topic of heat soak I have fitted the R-Tech twin plate heat shield and it certainly seems to work....I don't have any figures to prove it, but for 30 odd quid it seems very much worth it :)

Should have mentioned I had it from a group deal off Facebook....I think I had it for £35 delivered in the end

(TFSI Tuning group if anyone is interested in looking too)

have you got a picture of this fitted please.

Bit of a newbie to photo bucket, hopefully the links work-

http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/adam_bowd/media/DSC_0489_zpsiokkpioe.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/adam_bowd/media/DSC_0487_zpswqxq6e4l.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Let me know if you're unable to view and I can send off my mobile if required

Cheers :)

one thing to bear in mind is that some people dont like the noise at times. i have the ram air version on my tfsi. under light throttle sounds like someones running a tap under lots of pressure in an adjacent room (i know that sounds wierd but i cant describe it any better lol) and under wot there is an audible whistle around 4k- i dont mind the whistle but the 'tap' gets on my wick some times. other than that its all good really, lots of whooshing and fluttering when needed and i felt a definate hike in midrainge with no noticable loss of low down torque like some people claim.

btw i got mine for circa 150 from fleabay - as a kit its ok - would have preferred a slightly better fit but then i wasnt prepared to spend 400 quid on one!

just my 2p

This help is all appreciated so thank you. I have looked at the ram air one and also a bmc one its just a tough decisio but the ram air does sound like a pretty safe bet if I can stand the noise.lol

I got a neuspeed p-flo because the maf scaling is meant to be the best for the money, but I put an AEM Dryflow filter on the end because heard that the oiled types can clog the maf. Makes an awesome dump valve noise when you lift off too!

Just to add I have a DV+ as well, don't know if it adds to the noise, don't think it will, just didn't want to have to keep replacing dv's. Wouldn't bother with a spacer, no performance gain and can throw up CEL, get a short shifter instead!