Free 3 years servicing

I like many others no doubt got 3 years free servicing with their blacklines. Mine is 3 years old on the 8th Feb, my question is I have had 2 services already in the previous 2 January's but do I get a 3rd within my three years. Car has done 22k miles.

Wife has a Citigo and it had a full 3 inspections under the free 3 year service plan, so do not see any reason why your Octavia should be different.

Her car is 62 plate registered Sept 2012.

Had service visits;

1st-Sept 2013

2nd-Sept 2014

3rd-Sept 2015.

Edited by Defenderben

Yep, the car should be set to fixed service intervals which means a service is required at 12 months or 10,000 miles, which ever is reached first.

A lot of people's Blacklines were delivered set to variable servicing (up to 2 years or 20,000 miles) and not changed to fixed by the dealer. This meant that quite a few owners got to the end of their 3 year service deals having only had one or two services, they lost out.

Given you are only on 20,000 miles, the car is 3 years old and you've already had two services I assume you are on fixed intervals, therefore the car should be asking for a service by now, nothing on the dash? 

Yes, assuming you've been taking it in on the fixed program but get it booked in before it's 3rd birthday or VW finance won't foot the bill. Also make sure they change the brake fluid too FOC. It's a good time to decide on what you want to do with it service wise and a good time to ask about a service plan if you intend staying with main dealer servicing as that works out a lot cheaper than the national pricing. Obviously if you intend selling it, taking it to an Indy or doing it yourself then there's no point. Some just have a minor service each time and pay for any extras separately which is another option.

I'm waiting on a new Superb which is late so the plan is for it to go, and I would prefer to sell it along with full 3 service history. It was servied at about 9k then 15k but no service lights yet. The car does have a sticker on the windscreen coming to think about it so will see what that says when I go to work tomorrow. Cheers for all the advice, everyone is super helpful as always.

Edited by jamiemad
  • Like 1