What I need to fit Columbus ?

I have pre fl '09 Vrs with maxidot, and I want to fit a Columbus as Im getting fed up of using my phone for maps as I do a lot of driving.

1) Will all Columbus units work in my car? (I know about the power drain on older mk2's)

2) Is it simply a plug and play ?

3) I know I need a new facia plate, is there anything else I need?

Much apreciated

Not really will need to code it in if u want the navigation to work thru the maxi dot display, other than that maybe a Bluetooth module if u want use ur phone and maybe a mic aswell, if u get a unit already unlocked u can't watch dvds, also if u get a dab unit u will need new aerial and some wire to run to it everything else straight fit

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've just brought a Columbus unit from Rustynuts on here - very helpful guy.

I've brought the following fascia as my car currently has the original unit fitted.

http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/navigations/oem-1z0858069dkdf1-navigation-aluminium-trim-for/

So once the parts arrive hopefully I can pop it in easy enough and then have it coded.

The best information I've found on here so far is contained in this link

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/240409-columbus-vcds-procedure/