AliBaba/AliExpress

GentleGiant

Another, "has anyone" thread.

Post-Christmas, I went into my account to give feed back on a few items ordered, and noticed several were missing from my order history; I have the items, so I know I ordered them, but according to the system they dont exist.

Any other users spotted similar problems??

BTW Handy Tip.

If anything is overdue and the POST OFFICE may have been involved, phone your local depot to make sure they dont have it on a shelf; I was checking up on an undelivered item yesterday, and found the sellers tracking system claimed a delivery attempt on 22nd December; well we were at a family funeral that day, and there was no PO card on the floor when we got home.

I have a couple of other missing orders - sadly without tracking info, I wonder how many are sitting, gathering dust.

Slow Boat from China?

No, the items have arrived (and nothing wrong with either), but no record of the order is on the system; and if the seller had done a runner the sale would still show on the system; I have a record going back a number of years, and at least two sellers are no longer selling on the site, but the orders I placed with them are still shown in my order history.

Plenty of scammer still on there, but not so many and not so blatant as they were even a couple of years ago; I havent used the bay for a long time, but AE is safer than the bay was the last time I used it (perhaps 10 years ago), and from what I have heard, the bay is a lot worse now than then.

The only fakes I have had from AE in the last 2 years have been SD cards/flash memory products, but I have also had fake SD cards via Amazon, and you see fake cards/flash memory blatantly advertised on Amazon as well "64GB SD Card*    (* May have lower capacity)" Which means a QA reject 1-8GB card with bad sectors but firmware hacked to read as 64GB.

Oh yes there is, I actually found a program to reset the memory profile of any flash device, however it was in Chinese and extremely difficult to use; I got it to try and correct the fake profiles of some mp3 players I bought, so they didnt try to format in NTFS all the time (marked 32GB - actual size 8GB); however you needed to open up the cases and get the exact chip make and number for the program to work, and for a couple of cheap players, it wasnt worth it. Obviously with microSD cards, you cant open it up to get the number without destroying it, so I assume they buy them out the back door of the factory that makes them, so already know what is inside.

Apparently, the fraudsters use the same program to fake the memory size in the first place - hence it being in Chinese!!