Haldex Pump Fault 0448, and a fix (also changing the haldex clutch oil)

tmg

• 2 months later...

Hmm, I recently had the same error, but as the car is still under warranty it went back to the dealers who chose option b. They had done the haldex clutch oil change at the service last year, but I wonder if cleaning the filter is included.

Edited by dbg400

Hmm, I recently had the same error, but as the car is still under warranty it went back to the dealers who chose option b. They had done the haldex clutch oil change at the service last year, but I wonder if cleaning the filter is included.

No. They just drain and replace the oil, nothing else is touched.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

You mentioned that the car needs to be level when filling the fluid. Would it not work with the back of the card on ramps? Does it really "need" to be level? I would assume by having the back raised you would get a bit more fluid rather than too little, which I would not imagine would harm it since it is not a pressurized system.

I do not have a lift so I am not really sure how one would lift the entire car otherwise.

I have a large floor jack for my truck, but it was my understanding that you should not use such a jack on modern passenger cars as they are designed to be lifted at a special notch in the sill near the wheels and without that notch it will crush the sill.

I also have a set of jack stands, but since there is no "frame" in the traditional sense on a Superb, I am not sure where I would put them.

You mentioned that the car needs to be level when filling the fluid. Would it not work with the back of the card on ramps? Does it really "need" to be level? I would assume by having the back raised you would get a bit more fluid rather than too little, which I would not imagine would harm it since it is not a pressurized system.

I do not have a lift so I am not really sure how one would lift the entire car otherwise.

I have a large floor jack for my truck, but it was my understanding that you should not use such a jack on modern passenger cars as they are designed to be lifted at a special notch in the sill near the wheels and without that notch it will crush the sill.

I also have a set of jack stands, but since there is no "frame" in the traditional sense on a Superb, I am not sure where I would put them.

Vehicles needs to be level so that correct amount of fluid is in there (not too much not too little).

Look at this post about oil change and you can see where he puts axle stands even though I would not use a puck in there as it could cause slipage ..

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/346425-oil-and-air-filter-change-skoda-superb-cr140-cffb/

A couple of cheep hockey pucks from ebay with a slot cut in them works for jacking up the sill without any damage or these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rubber-pad-with-slots-hydraulic-ramp-jack-jacking-pad-adapter-trolley-jack-/161216710441

Still get the same problem on the Evoque and Disco Sport.

Obviously the Achilles heel of the Haldex no mater what generation.

Have noted people saying they have the haldex oil changed etc in accordance with manufactures recommendations but still some suffer or have the failures. Why are they not taking out the pump and cleaning the filter mesh as part of the procedure?

When you replace engine oil you replace the filter, so why not clean the Haldex mesh if it is prone to sludge.

• Like 1