Twindoor Rear Track Arm Replacement

My 60 plate Twindoor 140 CR DSG is going in for a set of 4 tyres and wheel alignment tomorrow at my local indy Skoda garage.

I've been told that the rear track arms may require replacement (apparently a known issue on the Superb) as the inside edges of the rear tyres are worn more than the rest of the tread and that this replacement would cost £360, won't know if this replacement is required until they have a look at the alignment.

I have noticed a whining/humming noise from the rear of the car in the past 2/3 months so it's feasible that this replacement is required.  I didn't mention this noise to the garage so they weren't alerted to the potential issue.

Flew through MOT just before Christmas with only tyre wear of 3mm advised.

Car's only done 42k miles (20k in the 13 months that I've had it) and the tyre tread is less than 3mm all round so its time for replacement anyway.

Does the replacement of the rear track arms sound like a potential solution to the noise & uneven wear issue?

I'm happy to get the track arms replaced if required but wondered if £360 is a reasonable price?

The whining is probably the tyres have feathered (or stepped, 50p'd). They have a tendency to make a droning noise. 

I would have thought a re-alignment would sort it out. 

What tyres do you have and what tyres are you replacing them with? Some brands are prone to it

Droning noise as a better description, thanks :-)

Currently have Pirelli Cinturato on the rear and Bridgestone Potenza on the front, all these came on the car when I bought it 13 months and 20k miles ago.

I'm replacing them all with Michelin CrossClimate

Droning noise as a better description, thanks :-)

Currently have Pirelli Cinturato on the rear and Bridgestone Potenza on the front, all these came on the car when I bought it 13 months and 20k miles ago.

I'm replacing them all with Michelin CrossClimate

Yes, mine came factory with Cinturato and they were awful, all 4 were scalloped within 30,000k's.  Replaced with Conti SportContact5, over 30,000k's ago, still good.

Rears were definitely a bit ragged on the inside edge.

Did about 100 miles yesterday of mixed dual carriageway and single carriage way A and B roads, drone has gone.

Car's noticeably quieter and feels solid on the road, was on the moors for part of the drive so was a bit slushy/snowy in places, all good.

Just need to go back tomorrow and get them to straighten out the steering wheel as it's offset to the left slightly when driving straight ahead.  Car doesn't pull though, purely and aeasthetic issue I suspect.