Gap Insurance

TR7Driver

Like most new car owners you ill have been advised to take out Gap insurance, have got a quote from my dealer for my new Yeti, but seems a little on the the high side, appreciate you can always buy cheaper, but cheaper is not always best, particularly when it comes to insurance, therefore can anybody recommend a good GAP insurance company / policy, or should I just take the dealers offering and try and negotiate the price down.

Shop around. But first decide your level of cover. i sat down and decided these criterea, 1. four years cover. 2. brand new replacement vehicle at no adittional cost to me. 3. claim limit of  £20,000 then i rang around a few companies who claimed to offer all inclusive policies couldnt meet my spec.  i ended up at Frank Pickles  trading as GAP insurance.co.uk. cost me £200 for a £28000 yeti. i'm sure others will be similar. oh and remember to see if they offer discounts. my price was with a discount for being a member of this forun

I went the same route but opted for 5 years of replacement GAP insurance from the same source as number57 above. Back to invoice GAP insurance would have immediately left me out of pocket with dealer GAP insurance as I had negotiated a substantial discount on my Yeti.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/309-gap-insurance/

• Sponsor

Hi

Just to let you know that we offer a product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative. If you'd like any further details then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.