Aftermarket Android Auto for MIB1 Columbus

I think the problem with these is that they aren't made specifically for VAG cars, which use the MIB head unit to control various specific things aside from the audio (aircon, lights, TPMS etc etc) and to integrate with the maxidot, CANBUS etc.

There IS a head unit which appears (and I'm no expert on these things - so feel free to correct me lads) to be a proper replacement for the OEM unit...

But sadly it only fits the MkII and similar generation VW group cars. http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/oem/vw/DNX525DAB/

I have had long-standing problems with my amundsen that the dealer can't seem to fix and I'd love to be able to upgrade to something like this - especially also as the MIB1 doesn't do android auto/carplay. However unless I'm mistaken there's nothing on the market yet that would adequately replace the stock head unit in a MkIII Octavia.

I think the problem with these is that they aren't made specifically for VAG cars, which use the MIB head unit to control various specific things aside from the audio (aircon, lights, TPMS etc etc) and to integrate with the maxidot, CANBUS etc.

There IS a head unit which appears (and I'm no expert on these things - so feel free to correct me lads) to be a proper replacement for the OEM unit...

But sadly it only fits the MkII and similar generation VW group cars. http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/oem/vw/DNX525DAB/

I have had long-standing problems with my amundsen that the dealer can't seem to fix and I'd love to be able to upgrade to something like this - especially also as the MIB1 doesn't do android auto/carplay. However unless I'm mistaken there's nothing on the market yet that would adequately replace the stock head unit in a MkIII Octavia.

Great find! But, where does it say that it is only for MIB2? Too me it seems it´s for all Octavia from 2004-2013, not eg. my 2015 MIB1.

Also. Is this really Android Auto?

Great find! But, where does it say that it is only for MIB2? Too me it seems it´s for all Octavia from 2004-2013, not eg. my 2015 MIB1.

Also. Is this really Android Auto?

Sorry, when I said it only fits the MkII I meant as in the MkII Octavia (i.e. not our MkIIIs). I didn't mean it's a replacement for the MIB2 unit.

It's not got Android Auto - I just posted it to demonstrate that the kind of thing you're looking for isn't currently available (as it's the only replacement I have been able to find for an OEM Skoda head unit - and it doesn't fit the MkIII Octavia anyway).