Glow plug light flashing !

fazandy

Key point here is that a flashing glow plug light is a fairly non-specific warning about something being wrong - it is certainly not just about the glow plugs. Need to use vcds or your equivalent and look for error codes.

• Like 1

Hi ,

sorry it seems my original post didn't appear.

had my fabia for a couple of weeks , first problem I noticed was the wet carpet in n/s rear footwell.

Thanks to this forum I have purchased some plumbers gold and intend to fix this when we get a bit warmer weather (worried the sealant wont cure as its too cold)

next problem was flashing glow plug light.

Again this very good forum pointed me in the right direction of the brake light switch.

I have done a scan with vcds lite and found two error codes-          16955  brake switch implausible signal

18097 powertrain databus implausible message from elec controller intermittent

is the second code something to do with cruise control? ,and linked with the switch problem?

i'm hoping so because cc doesn't work!

looking on euro car parts website there are a couple of switches to choose from(I'm assuming the one I need is a 4 pin type)

part no - 464440011 or part no - 464440090

which one would be the correct one ,or would I be better getting one from main dealer

Have you actually got working brake lights? Easy test is to open the boot and you can see the centre light from the drivers door when you press the pedal.

Cruise won't work if the brake switch is faulty either

I had this problem with the glow plug light and the cruise not working. All I did we put a new set of rear brake light bulbs in and hey presto!

Maybe worth a cheap solution first.

Chip