Migrating Windows Live Mail to Windows 10

octavia5

Finally preparing to move my main system up to Windows 10, when I tried upgrading my backup system I found that Live Mail, which I use a lot, did not migrate and I lost all the stored Emails and contacts.

I can not afford that to happen on my main system so does anyone have any specific info on the successful migration of Stored Emails (in folders within Live Mail) and Contacts to a simple to use Email system in 10.

Any advice much appreciated

Everything is contained within LiveMail. MS now says that LM now works within 10 but I do need to absolutely sure I will not loose anything 

• 3 weeks later...

When I first installed W10, I put on livemail and it worked. Bit more cumbersome getting the settings right. Can't comment on contacts migration, as I use Yahoo and simply download contacts as a CSV file ( keep on backup disk) and import to windows mail.