Hid kits

You need to get a 35 watt CAN-bus friendly kit.

4300k to 5000k should give you a nice bright white light (4300k is the OEM xenon colour).

Most members on here (me included) seem to have bought them from a seller on ebay called Londoncolour:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/londoncolour?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

They are priced very competitively and the quality is very good. Mine have been in nearly 3 years and 35,000 miles.

They are nice and bright yes but behind the blackpack lights (if that's what you have) they are still a little lacking. In a reflector lens they are not recommended. In a unit using the mechanical shutter for high beam you may as well forget flashing other cars unless your lights are already on. Having said all that I have always done an upgrade and have never regretted it on any car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

best HID kit on the market is the from M-tech at the moment , they come with a metal socket and super small externals (also 3m double sided tape), took me 15 mins to install it.

well they cost a bit more then the usual stuff . 

they also have a kit for normal and Hi-beam.

did a few vids for the german fabia RS group, not sure if i can post them here.

Edited by fabianoh5n1

not sure how to post a video put here , just uploaded them .

That's impressive! Looks like a very good light output. Are your high beam filament bulbs as they did look to add a yellow tinge to the light.

Do you have a link?

high beams are night vision or night breakers . they usually have a blue tint to it but with the xenon they look very yellow . 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CANBUS-Ballast-M-Tech-KMSMPH76A-retrofit/dp/B0186DWXMK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1454022001&sr=8-4&keywords=mtech+hid+h7

Edited by fabianoh5n1

That's a nice white light from them. Mine aren't as white as that but output a decent amount of light.

Think my kit was only about £25 but mine's the non-canbus one so don't know if the can-bus kit costs more.

Ich möchte jetzt Schnee haben! Wir haben keine hier im moment... aber hab ich Winterreifen :(

• Like 1

They are nice and bright yes but behind the blackpack lights (if that's what you have) they are still a little lacking. In a reflector lens they are not recommended. In a unit using the mechanical shutter for high beam you may as well forget flashing other cars unless your lights are already on. Having said all that I have always done an upgrade and have never regretted it on any car

I'm glad I found this before I got an HID kit, I always thought the flashing issue was down to certain kits not the headlight unit itself, being that I also have the Black headlights would you recommend the kit regardless?

The issue is that a quick flash of the lights doesn't give the bulb time to warm up and produce a lot of light.

It will still produce enough light to be visible as a flash but doing this a lot can add extra wear to the ballast and bulb.

This isn't an issue if your dipped beam is already on as to flash it just moves the mechanical shutter to move the beam.

Phil

The issue is that a quick flash of the lights doesn't give the bulb time to warm up and produce a lot of light.

It will still produce enough light to be visible as a flash but doing this a lot can add extra wear to the ballast and bulb.

This isn't an issue if your dipped beam is already on as to flash it just moves the mechanical shutter to move the beam.

Phil

Ooh I see, well that clears that up I barely ever flash people without my lows on already so shouldn't be an issue for me. :thumbup:

Phil

Spot on

HIDS really dont like cycling on/off.

I had an identical set in low and high beam. (Silver lights)

Low kept working for about a year n a half before i got rid of them for other reasons.

High lasted probably 3 months before it blew. As high beam is cycling on/off and only really gets chance to properly warm up whwn you're driving in the middle of the night. It was fantastic for that!