Tow bar Cycle carrier Yeti-handlebar clearance advice

Aguelo

Hi 

Im looking after a Yeti with factory fitted tow bar to carry my 29" bikes on a Thule VeloCompact or Atera Strada rack type.

Can anyone comment about the clearance between the Yeti tailgate and the first bike handlebar end?

My handlebar is 700mm wide and I fear the short clearance could be a problem driving on bad roads with danger for the tailgate glass!

I have the Atera Strada and wool hopefully be riding this weekend. If I do, I'll measure up for you.

I have a Cyclocross bike though, so will measure from the centre of the bars. I've had a Specialized Hardrock MTB in there without issue, but I don't know how wide the stick bars were.

I'll not go for the Yeti if I have to.

I know where you are coming from, and do agree with your views. However, I've found that many bike racks seem to have the bikes too close together to make it easy to fit them around each other. Rotating handlebars would make it a lot simpler (not that I'm about to start doing that!)

Edited by KBPhoto

I know where you are coming from, and do agree with your views. However, I've found that many bike racks seem to have the bikes too close together to make it easy to fit them around each other. Rotating handlebars would make it a lot simpler (not that I'm about to start doing that!)

Regardless the car, I'll go for an "e-bike" cycle rack which seem to have the greatest distance between bikes (22/25 cm) and presumably aswell between the fist bike and the tow ball.

All that in an effort to make it easy.

If at the end it turns out that it is not possible, will rotate the handlebars.....mmmmmmmm....

Any advice about cycle rack with nice clearance between first bike and ball centre is welcomed too. In fact, this will solve the problem with any car Yeti tailgate like.