Magnetic Tailgate?

Are you going the full Chapter 8? 

I might have to go that way with mine in due course. I'm almost certain the tailgate is steel. Just need to get someone to grab the torch out from the boot and give it a go! 

Are you going the full Chapter 8? 

I might have to go that way with mine in due course. I'm almost certain the tailgate is steel. Just need to get someone to grab the torch out from the boot and give it a go! 

Wasn't part of the mk3's weight saving the new magnesium tailgate?... Pure speculation from me, mind you.

Someone asked a few weeks ago whether the MK3 had any aluminium, plastic etc panels, I went around mine with a magnet at the time and can confirm that it is all steel, apart from the bumpers.

• Like 1

Excellent thanks. I had to put permanent stick on chevrons on my previous Saab 9-3 due to an aluminium tailgate and swore to avoid this in future. One white L&K with full Ch8 and covert strobes coming up!