Dealer mis sold the Fabia 3 with mirrorlink

Hi all,

Yesterday we picked up my father in law's brand new Fabia 3 from City Skoda, Basingstoke. While test driving the car (showroom car), we told the sales guy that how important this system is going to be for us and he went on about how useful mirrorlink is as his son watches youtube on it, satnav, messages etc etc. Last night I tried to connect his iPhone 6 to the system and no luck. Later on after after doing some re search I found out that the car wich they sold to us was a pre 22 week model hence not compatible with the iPhone.

I was so dissappointed and aggravated that how can these stealers lie to us just to get rid of a car.

Please can anybody help me that what can be done at this point.

Thanks

Saurabh

Contact the Dealer Principal & Financial Director at the Dealers and tell them they are getting the car back until 

they Supply what you wanted to purchase and were led to believe you were getting.

They need to cover your losses if there are any.

That is basically all you can do.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

This is a stock car I'm afraid as week 22 was 1st week in June if I remember right, mine was week 18 and came with mirrorlink. Post 22 should be smartlink to work with iPhone. So your car has been in stock somewhere for 7 months.

I wish you well in getting it sorted .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mick 50

You need to reject the car if there was misrepresentation, that is they agreed it had mirrorlink that was compatible. You should do this as soon as possible and go armed with a letter to the dealer principal (make sure you get a receipt to show they have received letter, or get them to date stamp it and take a photocopy). If the salesman said it could do X (but it can't) its clearly a lie or error. You might be asked to confirm it was a requirement of your agreement to purchase, and without it you wouldn't have bought as it wasn't fit for your purpose.

Remember the law changed last October on selling goods and consumer rights. There is stacks on internet on this.

Not going to be easy if you said something like, it would be nice to have mirrorlink and they didn't confirm or deny, that's not misrepresentation, its buyer beware (caveat emptor in Latin and legal speak).

The best you can expect is to reverse the transaction, therefore you are effectively starting your search again.

If they offer to swap to a newer one (post week 22) that is more expensive, then logically you would have to pay the extra, but they probably haven't got one currently (although they are likely to renew their demo fleet mid March with new 16 reg, so there should be one then).

Good luck

Edited by SurreyJohn

Did you actually ask the salesman if it was compatible with the iPhone 6? If not then I suspect there isn't a lot you can do. It has Mirrorlink, whatever that is, but it just doesn't work with iPhone.

if you did specifically ask if it was compatible with iPhone 6 and the salesman assured you it was, then that's a different story.

Good luck!

EDIT: The link here on Skoda's website clearly states that Mirrorlink is not compatible with iPhone

http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/mirrorlink-faqs

Just a pity they didn't have the above link at the launch of the car it would have saved a lot of people a lot of inconvenience and Skoda as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if you just talked about MirrorLink with the dealer and didn't specifically discuss using an iPhone on the car then you may not get very far with your complaint.

MirrorLink is not supported on iPhones (only Android) so Skoda have introduced support for the Apple system on later cars.

Your car does have MirrorLink as advertised as discussed.

Thanks everybody for your quick replies. 

I have contacted Skoda UK and opened a case regarding the issue. The case worker is supposed to come back within 24 hours. I shall be sending the dealer an email about it and hope this complaint takes us somewhere.

Yes, the salesman was aware that we want to connect our iPhone and he confirmed that its not going to be an issue. Also, just realised that our car hasn't even got a multi functional steering wheel, which to be honest is not a deal breaker however I was hoping these things to be mentioned about the car.

Yesterday, after reaching home (20 dry miles), we opened the bonnet and found that the engine was filthy. It seemed like a 5 years old rally car. 

Also, I was shocked when the sales man told me to give "exteremly happy" in the customer satisfaction survey else they will knock 100 quid off his salary.

One thing is for sure that I am not going to go back to the City Group to buy my cars.

I shall keep ya'll posted.

Thanks

Saurabh

This has happened to me twice. On both occasions I bought a car from the showroom with a "pack" on it. Unfortunately Audi (and I'm sure loads of other manufacturers) vary the content of packs but keep the name the same. So my car with Tech Pack had automatic parking (which I didn't want) and lacked Audi Connect (which I did want). At no time did I ask the salesman if the car was the latest spec or matched the spec in the brochure I was given. So I didn't have a leg to stand on.

The second time I specifically asked if the car matched the brochure spec and was told in an e-mail that it did. It didn't. I was given the option of keeping the car until a new one was built or getting a £2500 discount so that the pack I got was effectively free. I kept the car for 5 months and did 10,000 miles in it, before handing it back for one that did have the correct options in it.

In this case, if the salesman said it would work with iPhone 6 then it has to work with iPhone 6. If not, use it as an educational experience and get everything in writing next time.