oil or maybe brake fluid leak under drivers side of engine

Hi, noticed a blob of dark green ish oil, just to the right of the drivers side front wheel.

I had a look around the engine bay, I found something looking oily:

https://goo.gl/photos/4UEwDqerApKzTXpJA

Look up from my foot, you can see a small patch of shiny oily residue. The wheels rest on the mats!

https://goo.gl/photos/FgdnJe8u8hpQShwK7

Any ideas? Nothing has been done to the car except a service last Nov with brake fluid change and a new engine Feb 2015! I washed the underside a few weeks ago with my Karcher under chassis cleaner so it must be something fresh. The oil (if it is that) looked very "clean" but not sure if it was oil.

I can see where its dripping, but the photo is too blurred. There is a shiny piece of something near to the CV joint and it was dripping from there.

There shouldn't be anything leaking out of the CV joint, is the boot / gaitor split?

Green residue sounds like grease to me, which makes sense as there will be grease inside the CV joint.

P12400431296327081.jpg

Hi, sorry its not at the Cv joint, its just towards the rear. There is possibly a mount or something which is shiny alloy colour and its dripping from that. Yes it culd be drive shaft. I wonder then if that's covered under my 2 year warranty.

• 2 weeks later...