Devalued Yeti's? Where do we stand?

Jamienlewis

As its my first Skoda, and I've been stung by the VW scandal, I've decided to lease the Yeti on order then take a view after handing it back in 3 yrs time. Hopefully then diesel gate will have subsided and I'll know what I want to do.

Relatively inexpensive and no depreciation to worry about this time

• Like 2

Indeed, but your Fuelly says 28.5 mpg suggesting you're using some 58% more fuel (compared to the 150 TDI returning 45mpg), or £580 every 10,000 miles. :)

Ah !  You are assuming that Harry the Yeti does long enough journeys that would allow the engine to warm up enough to get the 45 mpg  :)   and allow the DPF to regen properly ( had regen issues on a previous car that was doing 100 miles a day on motorway / country roads) :( 

Having had Diesels for at least 20 years due to doing in excess of 20K miles a year, we are now averaging 7-8K  so a petrol is a better bet for the very short journeys and low annual milage. 

Point being - I wont have the diesel issue as i don't have one :D LOL

Believe me, non-VAG petrols haven't magically gone up in value. I have no intention of trading mine in for a good long while though. All cars are money sinks. If you're changing frequently you are losing loads of money, no matter the brand or fuel type.

Cars are not investments (with a few exceptions).

• Like 1