Milky Residue On Oil Caps Rubber Seal

Hi All

Have noticed past week or 2 a milky residue on the oil caps rubber seal its not a lot and covers about a 3rd of the rubber seal but nowhere else ive recently had a service too, it seemed to be more today ive not lost any coolant still looks pink and also no white smoke does anyone know what this could be??

Oil filter change was about 3 weeks ago air filter about 6 months was all done at a dealer so I would hope its the correct oil, noticed it last sunday as well but not as much, journey wise I drive about 6 miles then park at a friend house sometimes I will do long journeys but haven't for a couple of weeks

I don't know your particular engine.

I have bought many cars over the years for long distance commuting.

Peugeot,ford,Mercedes and many BMWs,some quite old.

Some of them displayed exactly the same symptoms as your car.

After years of driving up and down the M1, M62, and A1,they were all as clean as a whistle.

Like you get with short trips.

Clean off and see how soon it shows the same again.

Check with Skoda UK Customer Services on any Previous Warranty work showing on the car.

It is low mileage, and it would be good to know why the Rocker Cover was replaced, or if it was a gasket.

Maybe the previous owner was concerned by the Moisture.

Do you often open the Filler Cap to look, or was that a one off and you spotted this,

or were you topping up with oil and noticed?

No sign of any Mayo there .

Just a bit dirty.

I'd clean it off and change my oil a bit more regularly if I was only doing 6 mile journeys in winter.

I've had BMW's with cracked cylinder heads and it looks like several jars of Hellmans in there.

Don't panic Capt Mainwaring... :D